The role of the Buyer/Accounting Specialist is to plan, execute, and finalize purchasing and procurement of materials. Additionally, this role will assist with accounts payable and inventory receiving functions. A successful candidate will be able to identify/select suppliers and to make recommendations for cost saving opportunities as well as manage and build strategic relationships.
- Source and purchase materials used in manufacturing processes
- Communicate/manage vendor relations
- Follow-up with vendors to assure on-time delivery
- Reviews orders for completeness, accuracy and compliance policies
- Match invoices to receiving’s and enter invoices into the accounting system
- Provides support to production scheduling on all material flow issues to meet deadline
- File, copy, scan, email, fax and other general administrative duties
- Handle incoming calls with vendors and subcontractors to resolve any discrepancies
- Manage quarterly quality meeting documentation
- 3-5 years purchasing experience, preferably in manufacturing environment
- 2 years of accounts payable experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- ERP and CRM software experience a plus
- Strong negotiating skills
- Detail and solutions oriented
- Excellent verbal/written skills
- Health Benefits (STD/LTD & Life)
- 401k option
- PTO, Holidays & Wellness Program
Due to the requirements of some contracts, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Colmek designs and manufactures rugged electronics operating many of the world’s most important machines and systems. It is part of the Coda Octopus group of companies and is based in Salt Lake City, Utah. Colmek currently serves the world’s leading organizations in defense, aerospace, naval, and civilian industries.