The Director, Sales, and Business Development, leads the identification, qualification, pursuit, and capture of new business, and will play a key role in defining and executing company strategy. The ideal candidate will have an engineering/technical background and have a demonstrated track record of success selling technology solutions in the global defense space to major defense prime contractors and Department of Defense (DOD) customers, especially the U.S. Navy. The Director will also be responsible for identifying, and managing to success, indirect distributors, both domestically and internationally.
the Director will establish and maintain key customer relationships in pursuit of business opportunities. The Director will have the expertise to understand customer’s technical requirements and promote Coda Octopus Colmek's innovative capabilities. The Director has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. The Director will become a key member of the senior staff, and report directly to the CEO. The role will pay a competitive base salary with generous sales incentive program.
- High-energy self-starter and sales closer
- Deliver annual sales quota
- Develop and execute an annual Business Development Plan integrated with the company strategic plan
- Identify and close sales opportunities
- Develop and maintain sales and contact networks to continually build the sales pipeline
- Manage the company’s sales pipeline
- Lead internal CRM process
- Lead the development of marketing materials, including marketing collateral and trade show material
- Key contributor to technical proposals and quotations
- Conduct competitive analysis
- Strategic thinker, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Sales closer
- Demonstrated success selling directly to DOD Prime Contractors and the DOD, especially the US Navy
- Experience successfully managing indirect distribution channels, both domestically and internationally
- Experience with CRM systems, and pipeline management
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field
- US Navy experience strongly preferred; excellent knowledge of US Navy organization required
- Strong understanding of engineering concepts
- 10+ years of experience selling engineering services in the DOD space.
- Experience with obsolescence management, custom hardware and software development, and embedded systems a strong plus
- 10+ years of demonstrated sales success in the Defense Industry, especially as a supplier to US DOD prime contractors
- CRM system experience a plus
- Extensive travel required (Tradeshow, Customer on-site visits, Sales calls)
About Coda Octopus Colmek:
Coda Octopus Colmek is an established Utah-based small agile, engineering firm with over 30 years in the defense industry. We blend expertise in software, firmware, hardware, and mechanical engineering to create unique and ruggedized solutions for critical military customers. Through the development of embedded systems, using advanced signal processing and hardware, we are dedicated to comprehensive engineering projects from concept, through design, and into production. Working at Coda Octopus Colmek means using your passion for ingenuity where it counts – showcasing innovative technology and discovering new market opportunities. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover cutting edge technology and collaborate with passionate colleagues.