Electrical Engineer – Intern
Colmek has a requirement for a talented and high-achieving intern to be part of our design and development team.
Candidates will be expected to:
- Test hardware, software, and firmware
- Interpret and debug test results
- Maintain records
- Write and review technical documents
- Assist in the design of engineering test equipment
- Maintain current status of all training
- Provide supportive research for new and tech refresh designs
- Provide assistance in other tasks as assigned
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Highly organized
- Technical writing experience
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Graduate Student in Engineering
- Experience in a development engineering environment is desired, but not necessary
- Experience with printed circuit board assemblies is desired, but not necessary
- Experience with building mechanical assemblies is desired, but not necessary
- Experience with test and measurement equipment is desired, but not necessary
- Must be a US Citizen
Coda Octopus Colmek (COLMEK) is an established Utah-based, small, agile engineering firm in business for over 30 years. We blend expertise of hardware, software, firmware, and mechanical engineers to creat unique and ruggedized solutions for critical military and commercial customers. Through the development of embedded systems, using advanced signal processing, and utilizing the most advanced FPGAs, we are dedicated to comprehensive engineering projects, from concept and design, through production, and support.
Colmek designs and manufactures rugged electronics operating many of the world’s most important machines and systems. It is part of the Coda Octopus group of companies and is based in Salt Lake City, Utah. Colmek currently serves the world’s leading organizations in defense, aerospace, naval, and civilian industries.