We are an engineering services firm that selectively tackles our industry’s newest products from design through factory integration and testing.
In this role, you will design, simulate, build, test, and troubleshoot analog, digital, power electronics, and mixed signal electronic circuits that will be incorporated into new and existing rugged computer product lines.
This is an ideal position if you’re looking for:
- Work in an exploding small business that is committed to their employees, innovation and quality
- Enjoy working with a diverse, motivated, and knowledgeable team with decades of industry knowledge
- Freedom to control your own success, your time, and your value in the organization
Main Job Functions
- Performs technical refreshes on existing rugged computers and electronics
- Design, develop, and implement testing methods, software and equipment
- Design, build, and troubleshoot electronic circuits in a lab environment to include: analog, digital, mixed-signal, and power electronics
- Architect, collaborate, create specifications and design documentation for large scale test systems with a cross-functional team located in multiple locations
- Provide engineering support and guidance for new and existing product lines
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Possess 5+ years in the development of electronics, PCBs, and PCBAs
- Schematic and board tools experience, preferably in Altium
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Thorough understanding of modern PC technology, peripherals and buses
- Extensive hands-on lab experience, including building PCBAs and cables, system bring-up, debugging, and troubleshooting to the component level
- Experience with a wide variety of electronics test equipment
- Ready to design and build test jigs and test fixtures
- Ready to transition designs from development into production and support
Due to the nature of many of our contracts, candidates must be US Citizens.
Colmek designs and manufactures rugged electronics operating many of the world’s most important machines and systems. It is part of the Coda Octopus group of companies and is based in Salt Lake City, Utah. Colmek currently serves the world’s leading organizations in defense, aerospace, naval, and civilian industries.