Coda Octopus Colmek is looking for an Engineering Supervisor to join our growing team. The Engineering Supervisor will work directly with our team of engineers to ensure on-time deliverables, set schedules, secure resources, provide status updates, oversee ITAR, FAT, FAAT testing and compliance and make technical decisions as necessary. This individual will manage scope to ensure continued alignment with contract or internal requirements and budget. Monitor and assesses program performance, identifies risk, develops and implements corrective action when necessary to initiate program changes.
The principle job responsibilities include; providing overall management for complex product development projects through product concept, system requirements, engineering design, and design verification phases. Projects may be externally funded programs or internal funded research and development programs. The Engineering Supervisor works closely with the Business Development, Engineering, and Program Management teams to develop and execute sound product development projects.
The Engineering Supervisor, will direct resource allocation and management. Through expert communication and leadership skills, establishes a common understanding among team members on technical approach, scope, schedule, risk and financial objectives.
Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values and performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics or other hard Science. Master of Business Administration or Master’s in technical field desired.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Program/Project Supervisor or Technical Lead working on multiple, simultaneous, complex product development projects or minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as a functional Supervisor of an engineering team.
- Proven track record of managing programs with challenging technical, schedule, risk and cost requirements.
- Experience in communicating complex technical subjects to non-technical audiences.
- Understanding of Government contracting requirements such as FAR, ITAR, etc. is desirable.
- Familiar with DOD/MIL standards and the military equipment acquisition and qualification process is desirable.
Skills, Knowledge, And Certifications
- Excellent computer skills with a strong proficiency in Windows interface, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Microsoft Project, and knowledge of Sage, or similar MRP/ERP software systems.
- Superb analytical, project management and organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively to promote collaboration among the program team.
- Exceptional leadership and decision-making skills.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project/Program Management Professional (PMP) Certification a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity