**MUST BE A US CITIZEN***
Coda Octopus Colmek (Colmek) is an established Utah based small agile engineering firm. We blend the expertise of hardware, software, firmware, and mechanical engineers to create unique and ruggedized computer, sonar, and other solutions for critical military and commercial customers. We are dedicated to comprehensive engineering projects, from concept, design, production, and support.
Colmek – has a requirement for a talented Engineering Technician to work with a team of experienced engineers creating new ruggedized computer, sonar/other solutions, and transition designs into production.
Job Description: In this role you will be the working with the development engineering team to build early prototype hardware; including; boards, assemblies and cables. As the design matures you will transition new designs into production, select and work with various suppliers to support accurate building and testing. You will be a key member of the design team ensuring that assemblies are built, tested, and transferable into production.
- Work closely with the development engineering team to build prototype designs
- Take loosely defined engineering drawings and transition into working hardware
- Support engineering with testing of designs in development
- Provide production testing support for more complex assemblies
- Operate engineering SMT assembly, reflow, and cleaning equipment
- Transition designs from development engineering into production
- Work with development engineering to define production testing
- Initiate and complete ECOs, including all related paperwork
- Enjoy working with a diverse, motivated and knowledgeable team
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with others
- A self-starting that operates with minimal supervision
- A can-do hands-on team contributor
- Associate’s Degree in engineering preferred or significant technical experience
- Experienced building PCBAs, cables, and mechanical assemblies
- Exposure to Altium and SolidWorks preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to succeed
- Preferred Soldering skills to IPC-A-610 or J-STD-001 Class 3 Certified
- Must be a US citizen
Job Type: Full-time