Essential Job Functions
Shipping & Receiving
- Ensures the accuracy of all shipping/receiving documents and gathers and maintains all data and records relative to shipping/receiving activities.
- Assures that shipping/receiving counts match picking/purchase order documents and assists in resolving any shipping/receiving discrepancies.
- Collects all documentation for outbound freight and ensures all documents including receiving paperwork are filed appropriately.
- Pick orders to be shipped as needed, ensure proper labels and paperwork have been applied before shipping. Examine outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Schedules inbound and outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations and capacities in conjunction with the Warehouse Manager.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Receives UPS/FedEx orders and subdivides into separate product category for verification and stocking activities.
- Ship material via UPS/FedEx/DHL
Order Picking/Pulling and Inventory Management
- Coordinate materials movement.
- Receiving, storing and/or distributing materials and materials inventory.
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks, including maintaining inventory accuracy.
- Perform kitting and shipping of materials for production.
- Complete pick and kit production orders per work ticket instructions. Ensure daily department production objectives are met.
- Receive, label, identify, and put away incoming product.
- Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Perform daily cycle counts to ensure accuracy of product inventory in accordance with department standards.
- Follow proper procedures for storage and handling of inventory; verify incoming materials for accuracy; label and identify materials; consolidate storage locations; put away inventory released from Quality Control (QC) and Receiving.
- Follow proper shipping procedures and accurately enter customer shipment data.
- Prepare orders for shipment by palletizing, cornering, banding, and wrapping pallet shipments; package materials as necessary to complete order.
- Complete related paper work and reports in an accurate and timely manner, utilizing computer software and general office procedures.
- Put away inventory released from QC and Receiving.
- Operate pallet jack as needed.
- Perform work in a safe manner. Report repairs or safety concerns to management.
- Maintain compliance with all ISO regulations and procedures.
Education & Experience Required
- General knowledge of a variety of basic topics, such as math, reading, basic accounting, typing, etc. equal to a high school diploma.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Must have a good attention to detail.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Must be willing to learn how to use new equipment.
- Must adhere to all safety rules and requirements
- Ability to work overtime hours occasionally.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS & WORK AIDS
- Handheld scanners
- Safety knives
- Printers and computers
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS
- Inside working conditions.
- No environmental hazards indicated for this role.
Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; or up to 25 pounds of force frequently; or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.