Inventory Management, Shipping & Receiving
Essential Job Functions
Shipping & Receiving
- Ensures the accuracy of all shipping/receiving documents and gathers and maintains all data and records relative to shipping/receiving activities.
- Assures that shipping/receiving counts match picking/purchase order documents and assists in resolving any shipping/receiving discrepancies.
- Collects all documentation for outbound freight and ensures all documents including receiving paperwork are filed appropriately.
- Pick orders to be shipped as needed, ensure proper labels and paperwork have been applied before shipping. Examine outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Schedules inbound and outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations and capacities in conjunction with the Warehouse Manager.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Receives UPS/FedEx orders and subdivides into separate product category for verification and stocking activities.
- Ship material via UPS/FedEx/DHL
Order Picking/Pulling and Inventory Management
- Coordinate materials movement.
- Receiving, storing and/or distributing materials and materials inventory.
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks, including maintaining inventory accuracy.
- Perform kitting and shipping of materials for production.
- Complete pick and kit production orders per work ticket instructions. Ensure daily department production objectives are met.
- Receive, label, identify, and put away incoming product.
- Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Perform daily cycle counts to ensure accuracy of product inventory in accordance with department standards.
- Follow proper procedures for storage and handling of inventory; verify incoming materials for accuracy; label and identify materials; consolidate storage locations; put away inventory released from Quality Control (QC) and Receiving.
- Follow proper shipping procedures and accurately enter customer shipment data.
- Prepare orders for shipment by palletizing, cornering, banding, and wrapping pallet shipments; package materials as necessary to complete order.
- Complete related paper work and reports in an accurate and timely manner, utilizing computer software and general office procedures.
- Put away inventory released from QC and Receiving.
- Operate pallet jack as needed.
- Perform work in a safe manner. Report repairs or safety concerns to management.
- Maintain compliance with all ISO regulations and procedures.
Education & Experience Required
- General knowledge of a variety of basic topics, such as math, reading, basic accounting, typing, etc. equal to a high school diploma.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Must have a good attention to detail.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Must be willing to learn how to use new equipment.
- Must adhere to all safety rules and requirements
- Ability to work overtime hours occasionally.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS & WORK AIDS
- Handheld scanners
- Safety knives
- Printers and computers
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS
- Inside working conditions.
- No environmental hazards indicated for this role.
Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; or up to 25 pounds of force frequently; or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Colmek designs and manufactures rugged electronics operating many of the world’s most important machines and systems. It is part of the Coda Octopus group of companies and is based in Salt Lake City, Utah. Colmek currently serves the world’s leading organizations in defense, aerospace, naval, and civilian industries.