The Inventory Specialist will direct inventory management. He/she will oversee the execution of day-to-day inventory operations, inventory variances, kitting and cycle counts to ensure all inventory processes are running smoothly and promptly.
Essential Job Functions:
- Researches and corrects inventory variances
- Utilizes reporting tools to identify control deficiencies and enact procedures to minimize inventory losses
- Compile data from sources such as contracts, purchase orders, invoices, requisitions, and accounting reports and writes, types, or enters information into computer to maintain inventory, purchasing, shipping, or other records.
- Coordinates and researches product missing or placed in incorrect location
- Compiles inventory control records, and information such as consumption rate, characteristics of items in storage, and need for replenishment.
- Coordinates all physical inventories and cycle counts
- Reviews warehouse storage practices to assure proper inventory system.
- Ensures accuracy of all orders being picked and packed efficiently
- Prepares and presents data supporting and identifying inventory gaps
- Understanding of asset lifecycle and work
Skills & Experience Required:
Must have 3+ years logistics / inventory experience
Excellent written communication skills.
Electronic component experiences a plus
Ability to communicate effectively by e-mail, phone, and in person
Ability to work autonomously and handle ambiguity
Strong data entry and organizational skills
Requires some physical labor; must be able to lift up to 75lbs
Able to identify and prioritize workflow in a high paced changing environment
Proactive in removing workflow blockers
Ability to scan bar codes accurately
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org