The Inventory Specialist will direct inventory management. He/she will oversee the execution of day-to-day inventory operations, inventory variances, kitting and cycle counts to ensure all inventory processes are running smoothly and promptly.
Essential Job Functions:
- Researches and corrects inventory variances
- Utilizes reporting tools to identify control deficiencies and enact procedures to minimize inventory losses
- Compile data from sources such as contracts, purchase orders, invoices, requisitions, and accounting reports and writes, types, or enters information into computer to maintain inventory, purchasing, shipping, or other records.
- Coordinates and researches product missing or placed in incorrect location
- Compiles inventory control records, and information such as consumption rate, characteristics of items in storage, and need for replenishment.
- Coordinates all physical inventories and cycle counts
- Reviews warehouse storage practices to assure proper inventory system.
- Ensures accuracy of all orders being picked and packed efficiently
- Prepares and presents data supporting and identifying inventory gaps
- Understanding of asset lifecycle and work
Skills & Experience Required:
Must have 3+ years logistics / inventory experience
Excellent written communication skills.
Electronic component experiences a plus
Ability to communicate effectively by e-mail, phone, and in person
Ability to work autonomously and handle ambiguity
Strong data entry and organizational skills
Requires some physical labor; must be able to lift up to 75lbs
Able to identify and prioritize workflow in a high paced changing environment
Proactive in removing workflow blockers
Ability to scan bar codes accurately
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Colmek designs and manufactures rugged electronics operating many of the world’s most important machines and systems. It is part of the Coda Octopus group of companies and is based in Salt Lake City, Utah. Colmek currently serves the world’s leading organizations in defense, aerospace, naval, and civilian industries.