Manager, Sales & Business Development
Manager, Sales and Business Development
The Manager, Sales and Business Development, leads the identification, qualification, pursuit, and capture of new business, and will play a key role in defining and executing company strategy. The ideal candidate will have an engineering/technical background, and have a demonstrated track record of success selling electronic technology solutions in the global defense space, especially to major defense prime contractors, and DOD sustainment commands. The Manager will also be responsible for identifying, and managing to success, indirect distributors, both domestically and internationally.
The Manager will establish and maintain key customer relationships in pursuit of business opportunities. The Manager will have the expertise to understand customer’s technical requirements, and promote Colmek’s innovative capabilities. The Manager have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. The Manager will become a key member of the senior staff, and report directly to the CEO. The role will pay a competitive base salary with generous sales incentive program.
- High-energy self-starter and sales closer
- Deliver against an annual sales quota
- Develop and execute an annual Business Development Plan integrated with the company strategic plan
- Identify and close sales opportunities
- Develop and maintain sales and contact networks to continually build the sales pipeline
- Manage the company’s sales pipeline
- Lead internal CRM process
- Lead the development of marketing materials, including marketing collateral and trade show material
- Key contributor to technical proposals and quotations
- Research and connect with potential new clients from self-generated leads
- Present and promote Colmek products and solutions
- Identify and qualify a robust pipeline of focused opportunities that align with business objectives
- Conduct competitive analysis
- Strategic thinker, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Sales closer
- Demonstrated success selling directly to DOD Prime Contractors, as well as directly to the DOD
- Experience successfully managing indirect distribution channels, both domestically and internationally
- Experience with CRM systems, and pipeline management
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field
- Strong understanding of engineering concepts
- 5+ years of experience selling engineering services in the DOD space. Experience with obsolescence management, custom hardware and software development, and embedded systems a strong plus
- 5+ years of demonstrated sales success in the Defense Industry, especially as a supplier to US DOD prime contractors
- CRM system experience a plus
- Military experience a plus
- Extensive travel required (Tradeshow, Customer on-site visits, Sales calls)
Coda Octopus Colmek is an established Utah-based small agile, engineering firm with over 30 years in the defense industry. We blend expertise in software, firmware, hardware, and mechanical engineering to create unique and ruggedized solutions for critical military customers. Through the development of embedded systems, using advanced signal processing and hardware, we are dedicated to comprehensive engineering projects from concept, through design, and into production. Working at Colmek means using your passion for ingenuity where it counts – showcasing innovative technology and discovering new market opportunities. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover cutting edge technology and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Colmek designs and manufactures rugged electronics operating many of the world’s most important machines and systems. It is part of the Coda Octopus group of companies and is based in Salt Lake City, Utah. Colmek currently serves the world’s leading organizations in defense, aerospace, naval, and civilian industries.