This position will support a dual role in Quality Management and Inspection/Production Support. Quality Management will be your primary priority. In this role you will be responsible for planning, coordination, control, and continuous improvement of processes and methods to ensure conformance to internal and external standards. The scope of your duties will extend to all aspects of Quality Systems, Quality Manuals, and yearly Training Matrix.
- The quality manager will facilitate and implement quality systems
- Collaborate with team members to ensure ISO standard compliance
- Support internal quality audits
- Review vendor/supplier products, technology and compliance
- Provide continuing education
- Develop quality metrics reporting system
- Work cross functionally, with representatives from all departments, to standardize product quality control plans
- Create yearly training matrix
- Continuously review quality control processes, procedures and capabilities
- Manage and maintain the Company’s quality inspection for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes and finished goods
Primary Quality Inspector Job Functions
- Inspect wiring, crimping, mechanical and soldering assemblies
- Inspection and detailed assessment of products and their components
- Draft quality assurance re-work trackers
- Ensure suppliers adhere to Colmek’s quality standards
- Determine dimension accuracy
- Continuous quality improvement to reduce manufacture costs
- Re-work and assembly of PCBAs as necessary, under the direction of the Production Manager
- Direct and control the day to day operations of inspection personnel.
- Manage and direct a team of skilled, semi‐skilled and technically based individuals with practices such as;
- Performance management
- Identification of training needs
- Create instructions for direct reports:
- Audits are completed, logged & tracked.
- Incoming material inspection completed, logged & tracked.
- KPI’s are in place on production floor indicating information to check.
- Assist in the creation of work instructions for manufacturing and outside suppliers
- Manage and control all quality control activities in accordance with identified Quality Assurance standards, company procedures & client specifications
- Maintain our registration for ISO 9001-2015 Quality Management System.
- Manage and control activities related to soldering inspection per J-STD-001 CLASS 3
- Validate quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes, documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Develop and implement the Quality led activities which would consist of the process to assure quality from concept to production.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure quality product.
- Monitor indicators related to ensuring employees conform to production or processing standards.
- Traceability needed for quality audit logs.
- Monitor and track NIR (non-conformance item report) system.
- Monitor RMA for issues and trends related to quality.
- Monitor and track calibration of equipment.
- Monitor, track and approve suppliers for our approved supplier list.
- Maintain and improve product quality by completing product, system & compliance audits, and investigating customer complaints.
- Collaborate with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods.
- Diploma or certification in manufacturing engineering or in a related field is an asset.
- Certification to J-STD-001 Class 3 inspection is required.
- 5 plus years of work experience as a Quality Assurance Manager.
- Due to Colmek’s work on US government contracts, US citizenship is required.
Colmek designs and manufactures rugged electronics operating many of the world’s most important machines and systems. It is part of the Coda Octopus group of companies and is based in Salt Lake City, Utah. Colmek currently serves the world’s leading organizations in defense, aerospace, naval, and civilian industries.