Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Accountant will own all financial and reporting responsibilities for our operations and two other companies of engineering, manufacturing, business, and other administrative support functions. He/she will provide accounting, reporting both internal and external, financial leadership, direction, and vision through collaborating closely with department heads to drive company objectives.
The Senior Accountant is expected to significantly improve organizational efficiencies through innovative cost accounting and learned knowledge of the product development, manufacturing, and material flows. It is mandatory that this person views himself/herself as an integral part of the leadership and SEC reporting team. He/she must aggressively engage in understanding the full operation, and collaboratively contribute to solving companywide challenges.
Accurate and consistent delivery of financial metrics is a baseline requirement. In order to achieve the desired success, this person must use financial metrics as tools to help drive profitable growth. Candidates who expect to just provide accurate financial metrics for others to analyze, should not apply for this role. This role is for those who aspire to eventual executive leadership and see this as a path towards that goal.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the CEO in developing long range company goals and objectives
- Work with the SEC reporting team and provide input into the quarterly and yearly filings.
- Work with the outside auditors and internal resources on a quarterly and annual basis
- Work with leadership team to establish and implement yearly departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
- Collaborate with department managers to plan initiatives through financial and management information analysis, reports, and recommendations.
- Become well versed at product development, manufacturing, and material planning processes
- Work closely with department managers to prepare operating budgets and consolidate same for entire corporate structure.
- Work with leadership team to understand, develop, and analyze forecasts against operating results
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization
- Regularly evaluate financial software systems and suggest upgrades and/or implement new systems as needed.
- Coordinate and interface with outside auditors on financial reports, procedures and methods.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate legal standards.
- Prepare financial documents including forecast, audits, aging reports, receivables etc. for the leadership team
- Manage A/P and A/R day to day operations.
- Establish and maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep management staff abreast of company financial status
- Ensure compliance with bank reporting requirements as well as those of local, state, and federal governments.
- Communicate effectively with the company’s banks, investors and insurance/surety carriers.
- Create and monitor career growth paths for finance department team members.
- Knowledge of Finance, Accounting, Budgeting and Cost Control Principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Known of SEC filing requirements and SOX
- Self-motivated, driven, detail oriented and focused on taking ownership of assigned work.
- Experience working in a technical product costing environment (i.e. engineering, and/or manufactured products)
- Ability to lead a team regardless of reporting structure and make effective changes
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive work environment that develops leaders.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to Coda Octopus Colmek’s mission
- Proven experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments
- Strong analytic, organization and problem solving skills which involves strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board or other outside partners
- Ability and desire to translate and present complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels of the organization including the CEO and Board of Directors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related field
- 5-10+ years accounting and general finance experience.
- Extensive knowledge of SEC, SOX, advanced corporate accounting and financial management concepts
- Advanced knowledge of Excel Access and Word
- Experience on Sage 500 preferred.
US Citizenship required
Email resume/cover letter: firstname.lastname@example.org