Coda Octopus Colmek (Colmek) is an established Utah based small agile engineering firm in business for over 30 years. We blend expertise in software, firmware, hardware, and mechanical engineering to create unique and ruggedized solutions for critical military and commercial customers. Through the development of embedded systems, using advanced signal processing, and utilizing the most advanced hardware, we are dedicated to comprehensive engineering projects, from concept and design, through production, and support.
Colmek has a requirement for a talented and high achieving Senior Software Engineer to work in and lead our software product design and development team.
Candidates will lead development of multi-threaded embedded software for military and commercial programs. Primary development will be on the Linux platform using Qt libraries and tools. Our software focus is control of embedded hardware, data collection/storage/processing and display, and associated UI design. Strong knowledge of architecting systems is desirable with technical leadership. The work spans from defining the initial system architecture, thru the coding, testing, implementation and customer support.
Candidates must be able to read and understand customer requirements, interact with other members of the technical staff, design and implement software, debug software written by other engineers, perform engineering analyses, participate in design reviews, and understand the overall product engineering process from project kick-off through production and customer support. The candidate will also be expected to work with configuration management using version control and our release management and build procedures. Input regarding selection of software tools and SW/HW development platforms may also be required.
We work in an exciting environment, and unlike many larger companies our engineers directly see the results of their work. This is a great opportunity for a creative software engineer who wants to be involved in a wide variety of interesting projects, in a team based engineering approach and encourages candidates to contribute their ideas, comments, and expertise in a variety of ways.
Must be a US citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is required
- Master’s degree with 3 - 5 years and/or substantial experience is desired
- Programming in C, C++
- Linux application development
- Object oriented design
- Strong analytical thinking
- Multi-threaded applications
- Quick to learn new software tools & APIs
- High level software architecture
- Embedded systems
- Software documentation
- Version control and release managementDesired Skills/Experience:
- Security and Information Assurance
- Software development plans
- Working with large prime contractors
- OpenGL or Graphics
- Networking (TCP/IP)
- Signal processing or communications
- Algorithm and data-flow design
- GUI design experience (Qt desired)
- Relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule