Shipping – Assembler
Essential Job Functions
Shipping and Receiving
- Ensure the accuracy of all shipping/receiving documents. Gather and maintain all data and records relative to shipping/receiving activities.
- Assure that shipping/receiving counts match picking/purchase order documents and assist in resolving any discrepancies.
- Collect documentation for outbound freight and ensure all documents including receiving paperwork are filed appropriately.
- Pick orders to be shipped as needed, ensure proper labels and paperwork have been applied before shipping. Examine outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet customer requirements.
- Prepare orders for shipment by palletizing, cornering, banding and wrapping pallet shipments; package materials as necessary to complete order including boxing and palletizing.
- Schedule inbound and outbound freight. UPS/FedEx/DHL
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Receive material and subdivide into separate categories for verification and stocking activities.
- Pick up and deliver material to and from local vendors as required. Coordinate materials movement.
- Receive, store and/or distribute materials.
- Kit material.
- Receiving, label, identify and put away incoming product.
- Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand.
- Perform cycle counts.
- Complete related paperwork and reports.
- Perform work in a safe manner. Report repairs or safety concerns to management.
- Maintain compliance with all ISO regulations and procedures
Mechanical Production Assembly Backup
- Prepare work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, print specifications and parts lists, gathers parts, sub-assemblies, tools and materials.
- Assemble components by examining connections for correct fit.
- Fasten parts and subassemblies
Education and Experience Required
- General knowledge of a variety of basic topics, such as arithmetic, reading, basic accounting, typing, etc equal to a high school diploma
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must successfully pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Must be willing to learn how to use new equipment
- Must adhere to all safety rules and requirements
- Ability to work overtime hours occasionally
Equipment, Tools and Work Aids
- Handheld scanners
- Safety knives
- Printers and computers
- Pallet Jack
Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Must be a US Citizen.
Colmek designs and manufactures rugged electronics operating many of the world’s most important machines and systems. It is part of the Coda Octopus group of companies and is based in Salt Lake City, Utah. Colmek currently serves the world’s leading organizations in defense, aerospace, naval, and civilian industries.